Higher National Certificate in Construction and the Build Environment (Civil Engineering) - Level 4
The purpose of Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Construction and the Built Environment is to develop students as professional, self-reflecting individuals, able to meet the demands of employers in the construction sector and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualifications aim to widen access to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake them.
Year 1 (and Year 2 if part time):
· Individual Project (Pearson-set)
· Construction Technology
· Science & Materials
· Construction Practice & Management
· Mathematics for Construction
· Principles of Structural Design
· Construction Information (Drawing, Detailing, Specification)
· Plus one Level 4 option unit
A HNC award opens up a possibility of a career in a wide range of engineering disciplines including design, manufacturing, project management and IT. Successful students may also choose to progress to the HND Engineering (Construction and The Built Environment).